Tuesday, April 4, 2017

" 'THE REPRESENTATION' " DOESN'T HAVE TO BE BAD!

 I just want to use this blog to mainly talk about the bus stop in Egypt. What I learned more than anything is that we rely on cues like facial expressions to tell us when something is a lie. What happens when the cues are not there? Will we still be able to separate "the truth" from the lie? Will "the truth" and the lie change if we are just listening compared to listening and watching? And, just because I say it's not real is it really not real?
To answer one of Dr. Zamora's questions, I think it is "possible to develop a cohesive view of student experience" but hard. After all, other students would have to experience what you did as a student. 
To be honest, I think we all present representations of ourselves and only a few people if any know what is real. Because of the way society is nowadays, representation is important. You have to know when to present " 'the real' " and when to present a representation or a (lie). And just so there is no confusion  " 'the representation' " or the lie does not have to be bad. For example, I could be angry but present myself as being fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment